Los Angeles being the real estate hotspot it has traditionally been, will get yet another star mark on its uninterrupted growth as one of the prime locations in the world to own a property in. The Century Luxury Condominiums, located in close proximity to Fox Studios, is going to rule the roost for being the most luxurious residential offering in the city. The 41-floored tower amongst other offerings will have celebrity chef David Myers’ run restaurant operating within its premises, which has special passageways meant exclusively for the residents of the building. Spread over 4 acres space, this building was finished for construction in 2010, after incurring a cost of $300 million. One of the first buyers since then is Candy Spelling, who once boasted of owning the ‘Spelling Manor’, now owned by Petra Ecclestone.
Set in the prime locality where the famed Fox Studios are in close proximity, these condominiums are set in amongst all the very best the city has to offer. From the Art decoration inspired designing scheme put across by the famed architect Robert AM Stern, there is a restaurant run by Chef David Myers, who plans on bringing Oriental cuisine into this exclusive outlet. Other than the exotic food, the place will boast of a special valet parking for guests, along with passage ways for access by the residents of the tower. The exclusive 140-homes within the building will also have the state of the art technology and amenities apart from the unparalleled views of the Los Angeles city. Those concerned about the ecological side of the construction, the Century Condominiums have been certified with the LEED Silver certification by the US Green Building Council, which takes note of the sustainable elements of the overall architecture.
Candy Spelling, a well known socialite and author, and also the wife of deceased television producer Aaron Spelling, happens to own the top 2 floors of the tower. She is still constructing her place, and was also one of the first investors in this project. Her place alone is said to be worth in excess of $35 million. Her formerly owned mansion, ‘Spelling Manor’, was once the most expensive home in the US and co-owned by her late husband, was later purchased by Petra Ecclestone, the daughter of F1 boss, Bernie Ecclestone.
The amenities on offer
Each of the 140 condominiums located in the building, will vary in size ranging from 2,500 sq ft to 9,000 sq ft. Some of the distinguishable features include:
· Special ‘great rooms’ with built-in modern fireplaces.
· Balconies with 180-degree views of the city skyline for most apartments.
· Customized kitchen cabinetry for each unit.
· Individual laundry room.
· Private elevator and vestibule for each condominium unit.
· Floor to ceiling windows especially for the living area.
· Extensive use of rare fabrication such as Italian pattern matched marble in each apartment. This is one of the rarest and most extensive forms of craftsmanship when it comes to establishing patterns for flooring of condominiums.
With relation to the common areas of the building, there are plenty of luxuries to enjoy:
· 24-hour valet parking and security
· Porter and doorman at all times.
· 20 different floor plans to choose from, when it comes to selecting one’s perfect choice. Themes include Century, Manor, and Metropolitan for each condominium.
· Special pool deck area with cabanas, which recreates a mini-beach like vacation ambience even though located with a concrete jungle endowed metropolitan city.
· Special outdoor dining rooms and catering kitchens for personal events.
· Modernized gymnasium and fitness center.
· Assouline Culture Lounge, which is named after the French publishing house known for its books on art, photography, and fashion, is actually the in-house public library that has extensive reading lists for those intellectually inclined.
Address: 1, Century Drive, Century City, Los Angeles, California 90067
Via: LA Times/ LA Curbed